Komatsu premiers intelligent Machine Control 2.0 at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020
March 10, 2020
PATENT-PENDING TECHNOLOGY SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASES DOZER PRODUCTIVITY
Las Vegas, March 10, 2020 — Recognizing that productivity is the key to customers’ success on the jobsite, Komatsu, the pioneer in machine control technology, is debuting its intelligent Machine Control 2.0 at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020. Komatsu’s intelligent Machine Control (iMC) is a suite of features that utilizes advanced machine technology—some of it patent-pending—to increase dozer productivity.
CONEXPO visitors can see Komatsu’s iMC 2.0 capabilities on the industry’s newest and largest intelligent hydrostatic transmission (HST) dozer, the D71PXi-24, making its global premier at this week’s show. The D71 is displayed in the Smart Construction section of Booth N-10825.
The suite of productivity features that comprise Komatsu’s intelligent Machine Control 2.0 include:
Patent-pending proactive dozing control
- Automatically cuts/strips from existing terrain like an experienced operator
- Can operate automatically 100% of the time
- Measures the terrain it tracks and uses that track-level data to plan the next pass
Patent-pending lift layer control
- Automatically spreads fill from existing terrain with one press of a button
- Measures the terrain it tracks over and uses that data to plan the next pass
Tilt steering control
- Automatically tilts blade to maintain straight travel during rough dozing
Quick surface creation
- Creates a temporary design surface with one press of the button
Within the year, intelligent Machine Control 2.0 will be commercially available on additional Komatsu dozers.